Wednesday 4 February 2015

Protecting your skin during outdoor winter sports

I may be an outdoors woman but I like my skin to look as if I spend all my time indoors. 

I turn to Dr.Hauschka for protection and hydration and keep my skin wrapped in its very own duvet.

I wasn’t always sporty. At school I preferred to skip netball in favour of smoking on the roof of the old school buildings. And late-night dancing in smoky bars was my favourite exercise in my early twenties. 
 
But once I became a mother, I discovered the steadying rhythm of running while my daughter was in bed to process my day and sort my thoughts. Exercise is one of the things that keeps me sane! 

I love the outdoors life; being in nature and being physically active nourishes me and is good for my soul. I love walking in wintry woods, running on the Downs, sailing in the estuary and most of all I love cycling. The wind – and even the rain – in my face, makes me feel alive, forever young.
 
 
But my skin!! I may be an outdoors woman but I like my skin to look as if I spend all my time indoors. And that is pretty easy to achieve. All that is needed is protection and hydration.

Protection from the moisture sapping cold and wind and, of course, protection from the sun. And emergency rehydration when I’m back indoors.
So, of course, I turn to my favourite Dr.Hauschka products.

Just as put on my layers and pump up my bike tyres, so I apply Lip Balm, Eye Balm and Clarifying Day Oil. If its super-cold or windy I pop some Hydrating Mask on top. Belt and braces. 
 
The wind and cold cannot reach through the layers of rich protection. My face is tucked under a 'duvet' and I can enjoy racing downhill without a care in the world.
 
As soon as I get home and am showered I apply the delicious and super-restorative Dr.Hauschka Soothing Mask. Packed full of plant extracts and oils to calm and strengthen my skin with Fair Trade Shea Butter and Macadamia Nut oils to put back the moisture that the wind and rain tried to steal. 
 
It is my current favourite mask and to say that I live in Soothing Mask during the winter is not much of an understatement. 
 
So whether you are cycling, running, gardening, skiing or generally having a great time outdoors,
keep your skin tucked under its very own duvet.
Natural, luxurious beauty.
 

How do you protect your skin when you are outdoors?

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment